Maxiprofile grooved, covered metal gaskets consist of a serrated metallic core with a soft facing material. The Maxiprofile style gasket is mainly used in vessel applications where often the gasket width is limited. Maxiprofiles are also often used as an upgrade on applications currently using metal jacketed gaskets due to the improved leaktightness, ease of installation and the possibility of reuse.
The depth and profile of the groove is specially design to facilitate densification of the facing material and create a very leaktight seal with low gasket stresses.
Maxiprofile gaskets are often used in heat exchangers and can be manufactured with many bar configurations.
Maxiprofile gasket cores can also be refurbished and reused
Properties of Maxiprofile
- Low sealing stress required for installation.
- Suitable for a range of chemicals.
- Suitable for use in high pressure and high temperature applications.
- Can be refurbished and reused.
- Can be manufactured to suit standard flange applications and vessels.
- Can be manufactured for use with narrow flanges.