Extra Large Wet Running Cartridge Split Seal
The Type 3740XL wet-running split seal is the extra large version of John Crane's successful Type 3740 split seal that incorporates proven mechanical seal design features for fast and easy seal installation, while providing reliable seal performance in demanding large pump and other big rotating equipment fluid services.
Type 3740XL split seals are especially beneficial for use on large pumps and rotating equipment that are difficult and time consuming to disassemble for non-split seal installations & repairs or packing maintenance. These mechanical seals are commonly used in desalination, irrigation, mineral processing, power generation, pulp & paper and water/wastewater industries.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
- Factory-preassembled rotor assembly for fast, easy yet precise rotating face installation
- Separate stationary seal face for visual assurance the halves are correctly aligned
- Factory-preassembled gland plate assembly for easy, single-step installation
- Factory-preassembled spring housing assembly for fast, easy seal face loading installation without the heavy gland plate
- Balanced primary ring design for increased pressure capability
- Premium seal face materials for optimal performance
- Captive socket head cap screws to eliminate lost or dropped screws
- Same-side screws on all hardware for easy access and faster installation
- Dovetail O-ring grooves to contain all O-rings without requiring adhesives
- Fast and easy field repair kits that do not require any special tools, adhesives or procedures
- Two connections in the gland to provide easy access for flush piping
200 psi(g)/13.8 bar(g)